With over 20 dealerships, New Century Auto Group is growing and we're looking for quality/qualified Automotive Service Technicians. We have multiple positions open at our Maserati and Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram FIAT location in Santa Barbara.Come see what the buzz is about...
The Technician is responsible for performing repair and service maintenance on customer and dealership vehicles within management’s guidelines for productivity, safety, and efficiency.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive repair or service job from dispatcher, advisor, team leader, shop foreman or electronic technician terminal.
- Perform a diagnosis and report back to management with work that is required and await authorization.
- Review vehicle history file and any factory bulletins that apply to vehicle make and model, paying special attention to outstanding campaigns.
- Make notes regarding proposed and additional work on hard copy or technician terminal.
- After authorization, request any parts required from the parts department and return any parts that have been requested to be saved by the customer or factory.
- Help team members with their customer retention program and provide a daily status report.
- After parts are received, complete required authorized repairs and create notes on the hard copy or technician terminal.
- Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repair. Communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts. Save and tag parts if the job is under warranty or if requested by the customer.
- If required, perform test drive and restore vehicle to original condition making sure that it is clean.
- Examine the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
- Inform dispatcher, advisor, team leader or electronic technician terminal of the job completion and make any final notes regarding suggested additional work.
New Century Auto Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer dedicated to a policy of compliance with all federal, state, and local laws regarding nondiscrimination in employment. No questions included in our application process are intended to secure information to be used for unlawful purposes.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Consistent with the provisions of the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), applicants may request accommodations needed to participate in the application process.
Job Type: Full-time
- Automotive Repair: 5 year (Preferred)
- Automotive/Dealership Technician: 2 years (Preferred)